Wednesday, June 1, 2011

43



                                                                          43
      I could see myself lying on the ground looking up at a figure holding a gun to my head. In my mind I knew that I wouldn’t die… I can’t die, I’m too young; but younger people have died. Still I always feel invincible, like nothing can harm me. So I stared at this gunman with no fear, until I saw the flash. I could feel my body relax; such a soothing relaxation. My vision became blurry and everything turned white. I felt a level of disappointment because somehow I knew I was dying. How could I die? Not me! I’m never supposed to die.

     So while I rest there on that pavement, feeling my soul being sucked out of my body from the heavens… I hope it’s the heavens, I witnessed something strange. I didn’t see this next scene, nor did I hear it… but I did both. Sounds crazy I know… how can you see and hear something but not see or hear it? Weird. But this little girl walked over to my body and said that she would trade lives with me. She would sacrifice her life so that I could live. Who was this girl, I couldn’t tell you, or what she looked like. I could only see, well not see, a dress so I knew it was a girl… Wait, the dream gets more complex.

     I woke up in a dark room which I soon educated myself that it was a school. Comical irony huh, I educated myself in a school…*Drum Roll* Anyways, I quickly realized that I had to start over my life, well not start over, but continue from where that little girl left off, but I was still me… I think. There was this lady, I guess she was the head of the school, which wasn’t a typical school, because it was small and the kids and staff slept there. I told this lady, who looked to be about my age, that obviously I shouldn’t be a student since I knew this curriculum already… or did I? Anyways, I recommended that I should be a teacher also, and she granted it; probably because from the looks of it, she was the only teacher here. I ended up sleeping in her room, separate beds unfortunately. I say that because from what I felt, she was sexy. Again, I didn’t see any of this… but I saw it. So there I was sleeping next to this strange woman, in this strange place. I don’t know exactly where in the world I was, but I remember it starting with a ‘C’ and being located above Greenland and Iceland. (This morning I searched Google maps, and there is nothing above Greenland or Iceland.) I found myself in her bathroom and her phone was on the counter, an iPhone at that, and it rung. I saw the name on it, but I can’t fully remember it; all I know is that it started with a ‘D’. Some dude named ‘D’ was calling my new crush, this late at night, on her iPhone! I was slightly upset, and I walked back into the room and told her that her man was calling her. I didn’t even look at her, I just walked out of the door into the street… and it was the same street that I died on.

                So there I was, somehow back on my crime scene. And a group of people were walking towards me. I turned around a tried to run back into the school, into the arms of my cheating crush, but there was nothing behind me. A voice from the upcoming crowd called out my name in a familiar voice… it was my Mother’s voice. How could I ever forget my Mother? I turned and ran to her arms but stopped out of shock. Beside her was my Dad, who has been dead for quite some time now. But I wasn’t shocked that he was here from the dead, I was more stunned because he had a haircut… my Father never had a hair cut…ever. My Mother looked at me with loving eyes flooding with tears… Again, I saw none of this, but I could see it all. She told me that she was glad to have me back, and informed me that I was in a coma after that gunshot to the head. I stood there shocked, glancing between her and my father’s haircut, and I asked her how long I was in a coma. She told me that I was now 43 years old. My knees buckled and I hit the ground hard. No white flashes this time, I could just see myself there throwing a tantrum. How could I be 43 years old now? I don’t feel 43, and if I am, how did I miss majority of my life. Sadness… now that I think about it, I’m ashamed of my behavior in that Dreamland. I was so heartbroken over wasting most of my life in a coma, that I didn’t take time to appreciate the fact that I was actually ALIVE! And what’s even worse, is that in 20yrs, iPhones will still be around!


(S/N)- This dream emphasized on the age 43. I did some thinking, and If my Brother was still alive, he’d be 43…

1 comment:

  1. wow.....in straight tears right now.... i wouldnt know what i would do with my life if something happen to u.....
    PS i got to awards last week on senior Night ..... A honor roll and Leadership

    ReplyDelete