Saturday, June 11, 2011

(Saturday Poetry Night) ~Dandelion~

Mic check, Mic Check, one-two, one-two... I would like to thank everyone for coming out tonight. You could've been on any blog on the web, but you're here with me. I appreciate that. :) So if you are a new viewer, The followers and I would like to say Welcome. Kick of your shoes and relax your feet. This Poem that I'm about to present, is one that I wrote months ago. I was drinking coffee' outside of a hotel and the grass inspired me. Crazy I know, but I titled this one Dandelion. I hope you enjoy. Some of you may have read this before when I posted it on my Facebook  page, so if that is the case I apologize. I don't want to bore you with a re-run, so have a drink... the bar is open. :)

                                                          Dandelion

I stand tall. Im eight inches, to plants that's eight feet/
Im Shaq, minus the feet, my roots they run deep/
Other weeds chatter, but Im too cute to speak/
Im mute, Im bleak. Im too new to breach/
I move, I sneak. Im too smooth to squeak/
Im silent under your radar, but still above your reach/
Its me who gardners seek. But murder is obsolete/
I re-generate hate, Im back within a week/
Im king in an insects jungle, Im humble, Im bumble bee/
Im pretty, Im a model. I strut, I bundle glee/
Im numeral uno, second to none, I exceed the number three/
I shine, I glow. I define then refine, then I show/
I smile, I flow, with the wind. My skin is thin, below/
Within, I hold water, I keep secrets of life, I grow/
I, become old, when its cold, my yellow turns to snow/
I lose hair that floats, and turn to umbrellas as the wind blow/
As the world turns, I become dizzy, I hang my head low/
Im still pretty, I still stand out like sit ins. I know, death is close/
I smell gasoline, from hell, the kerosene. It must be time mow/
I hear the thunder, the rumble, as this machine mumbles then it go/
I will never crumble, my seeds detect, they tumble as if they know/
I reflect on life, no regrets on mistakes I made twice/
I sacrafice to suffice. And stand in the path of this oncoming heist/
Is there a heaven for weeds, since weed made the world feel so heavenly?/
My seeds, will sprout around the golden gates, and we will then greet/
Our maker, our forsaker, outcasted from the Garden of Eden/
Now Im guarding my region, while only partially believing/
My leaves are leaving, Im grieving, how could life be so deceiving/
We live to die, so others may live to die, is that the sole reason/
Death is getting louder, I feel my soul retreating/
I try to fight it but I weaken. Why does it feel odd to get even?/
The sun flees, Im shaded, by blades that look faded/
The first one misses me, like an ex... but the second decapitated/
I live on for a second, then death feels so captivating/
My soul is vacant, my body was burglarized, and my life was taken/
A proud Dande-Lion. I feel dandy... Im lying/
Outside im still shining, but inside my wills crying/
I lay still, sighing. And picture myself on the hills on Zion/
Im smiling... wondering why is it that everyone fears dying.../


2 comments:

  1. Im just reading this...yeah Im late. But don't be surprised when you see some of these lines quoted on my FB.....Just saying..lol I love this by the way

    ReplyDelete