Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Personality Test

    So I took this psychology class and we had to take this personality test that tells You about You. It was quite interesting to see in results what I had been feeling my whole life silently. We had to write about our results and post it on the class message board, and this following post is what I said. I saved it because I received a lot of comments from classmates saying that I'm crazy, and I need help... Serious help. Again, another result that I already knew. Anyways, Here it is... Enjoy your Tuesday Night.


                                                   The Personality Test

     So I took the Big Five Personality test, not solely because it was an assignment, but I really don’t know who I am. My amnesia and my John Doe driver’s license serve as proof. I’m just floating through life, not really knowing who I am, or what it is that I was meant to do. But after taking this personality test, I have somewhat a peep hole into my true personality.

                The results are true; I am original, creative, curious, and complex. I like to do new things in new ways and take simple ideas and make them more complex than they should be. I am relatively open to new experiences, and my curiosity for adventure will eventually become my downfall. I am extremely disorganized, you should see my house, and mentally disorganized as well. I have no idea what I am doing in life, and my mental stability has no structure. My memory consists of sticky notes peeling off of a chalk board that has been erased a trillion times. My damaged memory, and early signs of Alzheimer’s in my opinion, makes me very undependable. Please don’t request that I remind you of something… I chose to get married at the first of the month to simplify remembering it… and I still fail. 

                I’m also reserved, quiet, and extremely shy. Put me in a room of my closest friends, and I will still pick a corner to park my body and rigorously chew on my fingernails. I’m nervous, high-strung, and insecure. I always feel as if I have broccoli in my teeth, so I never smile. I never think that my outfit is socially acceptable, so I hide in shadows like a mugger hunting for confidence. Not once, sober, have I approached a woman first. I usually wait for them to approach me in my solitaire corner and provide them with short insecure answers. This is the soundtrack of my life, played at a low volume.

                To justify my impatience, I blame my father. Every time I ever asked him for anything, his reply would be always be “Tomorrow.” So now till this day, and the day after, not tomorrow, I hate the word ‘Tomorrow’. It has to happen today or never. Also maybe I could blame this poor trait on my mother who once promised me a summer vacation to Kings Dominion that never happened. I got my hopes up so high, and that free fall down destroyed all of my confidence in tomorrow; so now I never get my hopes up, and my eyebrows automatically fold and the sound of the word tomorrow. If I had 24hrs to live, I would commit suicide… that’s the severity of my impatience.

4 comments:

  1. The difference between an insane person and a "sane" person is this. A sane person realizes they're crazy and makes the steps towards doing something about it. Same routines produce the same old things. You can't use the short comings of other people to justify your own and Disappointments can't last for ever. Otherwise you'll live a life of constant self justification and disappointment. I once hated "tomorrow" as well. My father had the same appreciation for the word as yours did. However, I've learned that there is good in tomorrow. There's life, hope, and chance for change. The ability to do something you didn't/couldn't do the day prior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you categorize someone who knows they are crazy and does nothing about it? What if that person is comfortable with it, because insanity is the only thing that makes sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're Still crazy...Insanity always makes sense to the insane...

    ReplyDelete